Oh, Good News!




I have some great news to share with everyone. This past Friday, I snagged a huge win from the local Freecycle. I saw a posting about a free sewing machine. According to the ad "Machine still works,but having problems with bobbin constantly jamming." I figured I would give it a shot and put my hat in the ring. The poster said I got it and I made arrangements to go pick it up after work that day. They said that they bought it used (5 years old) from a local quilting shop 5 years ago, which makes it about 10-12 years old. They could never get the bobbin to stop jamming up, but I was welcome to it. Well, upon getting it home, I could see there was a HUGE snarl in the bobbin mechanism. I also see that, specifically, it is a Pfaff Expressions 2036... and according to the sticker that is still on top of the machine, the previous owner paid just under $1800.00 used 5-ish years ago. OMG! WOW! I worked on it for a few nights using pins, baby bottle brushes and tweezers to eventually pop the damn snarl out. I wasn't counting my chickens, but I was itching to try it out. I plugged everything in, wound a bobbin (thank you for still having the manual and nearly all the accessories)... put in some scrap fabric... and... and... it works like a FREAKING DREAM! It does so many things! It has a walking foot, does free motion, automatic button stuff etc! I pulled out some work I hadn't been able to do on my White Rotary Series 77 (because it only does straight stitching) and bang all the knit stuff out in a heart beat. OMG, it works perfectly so far (well, near perfectly... it did randomly shut off once while I was working...but what ever) and I haven't even taken it in for maintenance yet. I am truly grateful for this new machine and I hope it continues to work beautifully! This is such an upgrade given that my other two machines are like 70+ and 30+ years old!

My new baby! She is only about 10 years old!

That is why I was only able to get one new pattern up this weekend. I hope a lacy sexy thong will suffice until I can get more of the patterns written up and finalized.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beetlejuice.... Beetlejuice....

New Year...New Post!

Achievement Unlocked: Funding!