Gift Season is Upon Us



I haven't had much time to blog lately because I am elbow deep in a bunch of obligations... the one that particularly pertains to this blog are my X-mas gifts. I decided to go off the deep end and sew up a bunch of Soup Bowl Cozies for just about everyone I know (so if you follow this blog... sorry, I have ruined the surprise for most of you). Work has also gotten really busy, so pattern making has slowed down a bit too.

Not mine. Mine won't look this nice.
I had been looking around and found a lot of different patterns. I settled on Happy Hour Stitches because it seemed to be the easiest to just sit down and bang out a bunch of cozies quickly. I got lucky and got a bunch of 100% cotton Halloween fabric on sale, so a lot of these are going to be themed regardless if the recipients like that kinda stuff or not. Beggars cant be choosers.

Not bad for one nights work.
You can follow my progress on Textilla if you want. I think I am going to be making around 20 of each size (10 inches and 8 inches). I have some smaller ones left over, so I think those are going to be made into hot pads. Cutting all this stuff (even with the help of my kids) has helped me work on my accuracy in cutting, so bonus.

Here are some tips. Don't put them in the microwave without something else (like the thing you are warming up) and DONT STACK THEM! They will start scorching and smoking after about a minute and run the risk of catching fire. Don't do that.



On a side note, I have also been working on knitting hats for my kids... because we got a case of lice in our house. We ended up just shaving everyone and I want my kids to have some warm hats for the winter since they are now little que balls at the moment.

I need to work faster.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beetlejuice.... Beetlejuice....

Achievement Unlocked: Funding!

New Year...New Post!