Well, I've been up to quite a LOT (sewing wise). I tried out paper piecing, finally, for two Fallout themed wall hanging: I made a few thread catchers for my two machines (only took a photo of one though). I got my tattoo finished (the Ooogie Boogie wall hanging was given to my tattoo artist) I also started on an experimental piece which broke my brain trying to figure out how to do it in both/either Quilting Assistant and/or Electric Quilt. You can take a look at the guide I made to and what I have done so far. Here is a cute pic of my kitty to make it all okay.
I know it has been a while, but holiday gift sewing has gotten most of my crafting time. In fact, I have given some of my gifts already and forgot to take pictures of them to show off. They are just bowl cozies, but I think I did an okay job on them. I will try to take some pictures of the next batch I finish off before they go out. As for quilting, I got a bit bored today and started to whip something new up to get the creative juices flowing again. Do you know who this is going to be?! Now back to work! EDIT 12/20/2017 : Here is a pic of some of the bowl cozies I have been making. You can see more info about them (like what pattern I am using and stuff over at textillia ). And yes, my only camera is my way old tablet and it sucks monkey balls.
So, I like I said earlier, I am designing this quilt from start to finish. The theme is The Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride . My husband and I are HUGE Tim Burton fans, so much so that our vows that we said at our wedding were the ones from Corpse Bride. Beetlejuice (the movie and the cartoon ) were both considered for subject matter, but we decided to keep it to just two movies. I may design a few blocks just for fun, we will see. So the first thing I had to decide was the size of the over all quilt and the size of the individual blocks. We decided on a king sized quilt. That means the finished dimensions are supposed to be 78 x 80 inches according to our great hive mind Google. I decided the blocks should be 12 inches (not counting seam allowances). I think that should give me enough space to make the images readable, but not so large to become unwieldy. Well, 12x6 is 72 inches. If I ad some spacing, that should get me close to those dimensions. I don't car...
Comments
Post a Comment